In this section:
The ethos of Symphony is embedded with the strong belief that all of our schools are unique with their own identity. This can be seen with the different structures and curriculums which individual schools have.
Good and Outstanding schools will have high-quality curriculums with high outcomes for pupils and it is their unique approaches which underpin the success of Symphony.
We are however fully aware of schools who may join the Trust who need additional support to ensure outcomes for pupils are of the highest standard and it is for that reason that we have ‘The Symphony Learning Trust Offer’ in place.
When a school joins Symphony which requires specific support, be that whole-school or in specific areas, we have the following support models which can be accessed and implemented as necessary;
• The Symphony Curriculum. This is a curriculum which uses our strongest threads to create string subject progression and high standards in a school. Many aspects can be amended to provide a bespoke and localised curriculum but we know that it will have proven outcomes for pupils.
Click here for an example of a Curriculum Overview Map.
Click here for an example of a Subject Leader Planning Sheet.
Click here for an example of a Subject Knowledge Organiser
• CPD and free support. - As a Symphony school, we have considerable support and CPD initiatives for all school staff.
• Leadership support. At Symphony, we are very fortunate to have leadership capacity at a number of our schools. We have Headteachers who can provide Advisory Headteacher support and also Headteachers who, if necessary, have capacity to provide Executive Headship.
• Teaching Development Group. The TDG involves SLEs and specialists who can be brought in to assist a school with English, Maths, Phonics, EYFS and SEN. We also have leading curriculum coordinators from our schools who can support other specific curriculum areas as required.
• Symphony On-Track Assessment. Our own bespoke Assessment System is used by all Symphony schools and provides clear learning progression for pupils.
• Business Team support. Again, we are very lucky in Symphony to have capacity within our Business Team to offer support to a school joining Symphony as needed. With expertise in school finance, HR and school business, we have the capacity to offer in-house assistance.
• Local Governance support. Within our Board of Trustees, we have directors with extensive LGB experience who can assist an LGB to develop. Whether this is with curriculum, standards or individual school business, we have the capacity to bring Trustees onto an LGB in a supportive role to ensure effectiveness is as high as possible.
• Well-Being support. Our assistance to staff within Symphony with regard to well-being is always a priority and our services and mechanisms to assist our staff are proven to be effective.
Symphony Learning Trust is an exempt charity and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England Company Number: 07941899
0116 278 2535